LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES PROGRAM - program for candidates with many interests that don't fit easily into one box. Despite the English name, its roots stretch back to the Middle Ages, to the concept of artes liberales. According to it, specialisation requires a strong fundament of general knowledge and universal skills. We have supplemented the traditional curriculum of artes liberales (e.g. mathematics and astronomy) with the modern disciplines: physics, biology, chemistry, history, psychology and others. During three years of study, our students get acquainted with the birds-eye view of contemporary research, including both humanities and sciences. At the same time, they develop competencies such as speaking, logical reasoning and teamwork. Education of such kind allows growing the sense of truth and approaching problems in a complex manner. We also believe that studying LAS will help our students to face the challenges of the rapidly changing job market.
Example of courses
- Theory of Knowledge
- Man in the World of Sounds
- History of Europe and its Borders
- English for Academic Purposes
- Great Religions of the World
- Can function in interdisciplinary teams.
- Can function and communicate at the international scientific level.
- Can independently search for knowledge.
- Has extensive analytical competences.
All professions that require interdisciplinary communication and a multi-faceted, unconventional approach to the problem.