The general academic programme allows students to improve their skills in using English and acquire in-depth knowledge in English linguistics, literature and culture. English as a foreign language classes are held in small groups; students choose British or American English.
The programme: American literature and culture aims at providing students with a comprehensive knowledge of the US literature, culture, society and institutions.
- General academic
- American literature and culture
Example of courses
- English as a foreign language
- MA seminar
- Theme seminar
- Methodology of literary research/Research methods in linguistics
- Introduction to European studies
- Academic discourse
- Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Monographic lecture
- Excellent command of English (near native-like, level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- In-depth knowledge of English linguistics and literature in their cultural contexts
- Ability to conduct an in-depth analysis of texts in English in the appropriate cultural context
- Soft skills: creativity, flexibility, comprehensibility
- Ability to think creatively and critically.
- Teacher of English as a foreign language (MA degree is a mandatory requirement for teachers in Poland)
- Careers in the media in Poland and abroad
- Business careers requiring fluency in English and an in-depth knowledge about English-speaking countries
- Careers in academic, educational and cultural institutions