The general academic programme allows students to polish their skills in using English and acquire comprehensive knowledge in English linguistics, literature and culture. English as a foreign language classes are held in small groups; students choose British or American English.
The teaching programme includes a version of the academic programme complemented by courses in psychology, pedagogy, and teaching English. Students, too, are required to complete internship in primary and secondary schools. In order to become a qualified teacher of English it is necessary to complete the MA programme in English studies.
The translation programme includes a version of the academic programme complemented by courses in translation and interpreting (liaison) as well as intercultural communication. The basic idea is to acquaint the students with the fundamental aspects of translating and the profession of a translator/interpreter. Classes are conducted mainly in English and also in Polish by experienced translators and interpreters.
The theatre and drama in English programme aims at providing students with a comprehensive knowledge of drama and theatre in English. It is unique in that it is the only theatre studies programme offered in English in Poland. It includes a version of the academic programme complemented by courses in the theory and history of theatre and performance as well as practically-oriented workshops. In this programme we closely follow research and teaching developed in the best academic theatre studies centres offering courses in English.
- general academic
- translation and interpretation
- theatre and drama in English
Example of courses
- English as a foreign language
- History of the British Isle and the USA
- History of British and American literatures
- Phonetics and phonology of English
- Syntax and morphology of English
- History of the English language
- Cultural studies of English speaking countries
- Introduction to translation
- Histories of theatre
- Teaching English as a foreign language
- Znajomość języka angielskiego zgodnie z wymaganiami określonymi dla poziomu co najmniej C1.
- Znajomość zagadnień dotyczących badań językoznawczych i literaturoznawczych, w tym w ich kontekście kulturowym.
- Umiejętność samodzielnej i krytycznej interpretacji tekstów językowych, w tym w odpowiednim kontekście kulturowym.
- Kompetencje miękkie (kreatywność, elastyczność, komunikatywność).
- Umiejętności krytycznego i twórczego myślenia.
- Excellent command of English (near native-like, level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Comprehensive knowledge of English linguistics and literature in their cultural contexts
- Ability to conduct an independent and critical analysis of texts in English in the appropriate cultural context
- Soft skills: creativity, flexibility, comprehensibility
- Ability to think creatively and critically